Monday, March 28, 2011

Sighting Of the Very Rare Rabbit-Mouse

Have you ever wondered what a mouse with rabbit ears would look like?

Come on! You know that you want to know!
I can help you! 
I have seen - AND photographed - the very rare and hardly ever seen rabbit-mouse!

Wanna see?



But  no laughing!!!
Or you might scare it away!
Or hurt its feelings.


Or my feelings for that matter  ....

So you are wondering how it comes that I get to see such a rare creature???
Really wanna know? 
Sure?!
Well, get ready for some really stupid creativeness ... on my part ...

*
So it all started with this  

Photo from Bustle and Sew
  
It is CUTE!!!

So yesterday we had such a nice sunshiny afternoon that I thought it would be stupid to spend it inside the flat behind the sewing machine. 
Still I felt kinda like DOING something ... with my hands ... so I thought I might handsew a cute little mouse. 

I even had some scraps from cut up fleece sweaters from the kids lying around ... perfect!

While I cut out the pattern I got this STUPID weird strange tempting idea. 
What if I could make a bunny instead of a mouse?

I just had spent the morning thinking about Easter presents for the kids. That might explain SOME of the weirdness of the idea. Not all. I know. Guess it is just me. 

So instead of following the pattern I started drafting some rabbit ears ... and cutting them out ...

I cut out the fabric pieces and spent a nice relaxing afternoon in the yard handsewing my softie-pincushion-thingy. 
Everything was nice and peaceful. 
Until I added the ears to the mouse rabbit!
That was when I realized changing the ears to rabbit ears will NOT make a rabbit. 
It will make a mouse with rabbit ears! :-/
Yes, I know. You probably would have figured that right from the beginning ...
Well, apparently I did not. 

I was bummed. I did not know what to do. 
I tried to make the face of the mouse rabbit a bit less pointy ... but it still did not look like a rabbit. 
I was thinking about undoing the ears ... making them into mouse ears. 
But somehow I could not do it. Do not know why. 
So instead I finished up the ridiculous looking rabbit.


And that is how it happened that I got to photograph the rare rabbit-mouse. :-)

Well, I guess not all projects turn out well. And it was my own stupid fault. 
To be honest - I feel kinda attached to the rabbit-mouse. 
It kinda looks like it needs an extra-portion of love.

And the funny thing:
Little man - who instantly stole it away -

He LOVES EVERYTHING soft and cuddly! Seriously! He stole a tiny pillow I was making before I could even close the hole from turning!

recognized it as a RABBIT
He looked at it and scrunched up his nose and made a sniffing noise. Which is his "word" for rabbit!
Yeah, he is not too talkative yet! ;-)

 Okay, then again he has just passed the stage where every four-legged animal is a dog. 
Now there are cats in his world, too. 
So MAYBE - just maybe - it could be that pretty much EVERYthing with long ears to him is a rabbit. But I chose not to think about that too much ...

So I guess we are just gonna have a rabbit-mouse living with us from now on. 
But the next one will be a mouse! Just a mouse!

So, have you messed up any crafting projects lately? ;-)


Sharing my crafty mishappening here:

9 comments:

Barb said...

sorry, I laughed....you must admit, it is awfully cute!

LiEr said...

Miss Muffin! I LOVE your very rare rabbit-mouse, or rouse, or mabbit. It IS very cute, and I don't blame Little Man for kidnapping it immediately. The plaid ears are adorable, and I like the fuzzy, cuddly white furry fabric. Lovely!

Helen said...

Hi - what a great post - and I love your rabbit-mouse!! Do you mind if I link on Bustle & Sew and use a picture - he's just so adorable!!
Helen x

Ms Muffin said...

@ Ellie

I would feel honoured if you link to it with a picture! :-)
Who would have thought that the rabbit-mouse is going to be famous! ;-)
And I truly love your blog!

@ Barb and Lier:
Thanks for telling the little thing it is cute! Hubby kept laughing about it every time he saw it ... :-( It is feeling much better now. :-)
And to be honest - me too. ;-)

Ms Muffin said...

@ Ellie

I would feel honoured if you link to it with a picture! :-)
Who would have thought that the rabbit-mouse is going to be famous! ;-)
And I truly love your blog!

@ Barb and Lier:
Thanks for telling the little thing it is cute! Hubby kept laughing about it every time he saw it ... :-( It is feeling much better now. :-)
And to be honest - me too. ;-)

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a dear little boy you have! I think your rabbit- mouse is rather cute myself.

Barbara said...

Adorable, of course!!!

elliesue said...

I think he is lovely. Didn't you know that the Mabbit was just waiting to come out, it needed you to do it! Your little boy knew that, only children know these things, we can't we have lost the magic. I especially love the ears.
Elaine

Karmen said...

That's just precious! Karmen

Related Posts with Thumbnails