When the weather got hot I realized that my daughter had grown out of almost all of her dresses ... so I really wanted to make her a new one. I actually meant to make a "twirly one" already for ages. But I had never done one like those before and at the time I could not really bring myself to try and also I simply did not have much time. So I figured better I use the pattern that I have used before already (here and here) ... I know how to do it and she gets her dress quickly. I still want to make a twirly one ... Hope I get to it as one of my next projects.
So here are a few pictures of the dress I made
I am especially proud of the lower hem which instead of making a usual hem I finished off with bias tape (I hope I use the correct term here). I did this for the first time and I think it turned out nicely. Also I am proud that this time the back seam in the middle of the dress actually IS in the middle! :-)
You can probably tell from the pictures that I hate ironing .... :-)