Saturday, June 27, 2009

Teddy bear cookies

Today my daughter and I baked these cute teddy bears. The recipe is from this site. (You have to scroll down on this page until you find the teddies. When you found them you gotta scroll down a bit more to get the english instruction.)
I plan to make these for her birthday party in July. But I wanted to try them first so there would not be any bad surprises. And I am actually very pleased with the result! To make the bears was quite simple. It is a bit time consuming to put all the little dough balls together so I know now that it will take some time. But the good thing is that the bears are really easy to make. All you need to do is roll the dough into different sized balls. Even my daughter can do that (she does it with play dough all the time) and she was actually a big help!
After we had made ten bears I lost patience and smashed the rest of the dough together to make it "marbled" looking and used some cookie cutters.


And we also had to check the taste. ;-) I have to say I usually don't like rather dry and crispy cookies too much. I am more a "chewy-cookie"-kinda person. But even though these are not chewy at all they taste very good. Especially the chocolate bits! :-)

Funny thing was that my daughter actually seemed to like the tea pots more than the bears! She kept requesting more tea pots to eat for tea. Weird little child! Maybe she just wanted to save the bears... ?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails