Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Easy pear dessert recipe

I wanted to share a really easy dessert recipe with you guys. During the last couple days we ended up with some pears sitting around that I did not want to eat. (Let's just say pregnancy does very weird things to your tastebuds.) So I was searching the internet for an easy way to use them. And I found this really VERY EASY and QUICK recipe. It's basically a pear bake.

You need:
150g sour cream
2 pears
1 table spoon sugar
1 egg
a bit of butter

All you do is peel the pears and cut them up in little pieces. You butter some kind of baking dish and put the pear bits in there. You mix together the sour cream, sugar and egg and pour it over the pears. You bake this for about 20 minutes at 225 degrees C/ roughly 425 F. It should be a bit browned on top. DONE.

I was quite skeptical at first because it has so few ingredients. But it actually does taste quite nice. Even my daughter, who does not eat alot when she is sick, munched away. I like it best when it has cooled - but that might just be me.

Just a little advice:
I actually made this dessert twice and can say from experience - forgetting about it after you put it in the oven and taking it out after more than 40 minutes will effectively ruin it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails