Finally again something that I managed to finish. Already a while ago my daughter saw some pink floral print jersey lying around and asked me to make something for her from it. I promised I would ... and now FINALLY I did! And I am SO happy about it!
Okay, it is pink. But other than that I LOVE how it turned out. It is actually a shirt - even if to me it rather looks like a dress. It is still a tiny bit too big for her ... but that is alright. So she can wear it at the end of summer or in fall.
This was the first thing that I made that has sleeves! :-) And I still can not believe that everything actually matched up!
And I love that it worked out how I added the panel at the bottom of the shirt. I actually did not have enough of the other fabric. But I love that I did it that way! Good thing that I did not have enough fabric!
And I tried a new way to finish the seam at the bottom. I like that it is kinda curly - even though I would have liked it even more curly.
I am especially proud of the pockets. I think I have never sewn pockets for clothes before. They are my own design - if you can call it "design" when talking about patch pockets. ;-)
While I was sewing it I wasn't too sure whether I would like the shirt. It seemed VERY wide. And it is. But that makes it almost "twirly" ... and little bear seams to quite like it. She did not want to put it off after our photoshoot - which is always a good sign. ;-)
So, now that I finally got rid of all that pink jersey - next time BLUE! :-)