Saturday, September 12, 2009

Raspberry ripple cake


Today I tried this recipe for a so called Raspberry ripple cake which I found on the BBC website. It looked very good when it came out of the oven.

However, when I cut into it I realized that it is was not cooked completely ... :-( I figure it was because I used frozen raspberries and did not let them thaw before putting them into the dough. I left the cake 25 minutes in the oven before adding the marshmallows which probably was too short. Next time I'll leave it longer ...

Because I had to return the cake to the oven for more baking time the marshmallow topping got really brown. I still liked it - but think it is more delicious when it is still soft. However, guess I'll have to make it again. Husband and daughter liked it. And if my daughter eats something with raspberries in there that is pretty much a miracle in itself!!!! :-)

1 comment:

Katie said...

It still sounds good to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails