Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Marshmallow fondandt -OR- playdough for mommies ;-)

This post has been written for a while - I just did not have time to finish it up ... But here it is finally and there are a few more posts to come as soon as I get time to write them up.

Again - playing around and trying stuff for my daughter's birthday. She wanted to have a Winnie Pooh cake ... oh well ... So I thought I would have to make fondant. I have worked with fondant a few times before. Usually my husband made it - hard work with all the kneading! This time I really wanted to make so-called marshmallow fondant. I have read about it alot and finally wanted to give it a try. I used this recipe (sorry, this is german). All you need is marshmallows, powdered sugar and water. I was really curious whether this would work.
Here a few pages with recipes in english:
There is a MM fondant photo tutorial by Peggy Weaver and another tutorial by Cake Journal and still another by The frosted cake'n cookie. There are probably many more tutorials on the web if you google.

I have to say I really liked the marshmallow fondant. It was rather easy to make and does not need any complicated ingredients. It turned out well! Although my husband had to step in again - again lots of kneading! Good workout! :-)

I made some cute toppers and used these tutorial
cupcakes
hearts
cake slices

But to be honest - I just used the tutorials kinda like an idea. I don't own all those special tools - I just used my hands, a knife, a wooden skewer. In the end you just work with it like you would with playdough - that's it! :-) There are many more ideas for toppers here. So cute! :-)

After I kinda got a feel for it I made a Winnie Pooh and bees and honey pots and snails and flowers and ... oh well ... you'll see ...
Here's a little teaser ... :-)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails