Saturday, December 27, 2008

One-day-project: Tiny handbag


I was glad that I had finished all projects in time for christmas ... but of course as soon as I was done I kinda started looking - or at least thinking - of new things and ideas. Yesterday I started cutting up some red old pants to crochet a handbag out of it. Well, you really need more than one pair of pants for a handbag. The one I made is just a tiny one for my daughter - and all the "yarn" I cut from the pants is gone. But I really like the way the product looks. I especially like that it is rather sturdy and does stand up all by itself. I think I am going to cut up more stuff and I will make some kinda "boxes" for my daughters toys. And I really would like to make a handbag for me too ... but I think I am going to practice a bit more first. And I have to make up my mind about a pattern. There are so many ... I simply can't decide at the moment. Also I really like the possibilities of embellishment. To the tiny handbag I added just one crochet flower. But there are endless possibilities ....

6 comments:

Basir Seerat's Photography. said...

i am happy that i saw a ceative woman who is from germany.
great and nice blog you have. merry chrismas becouse your coplete project.

Patricia A.R. said...

Congratulations, nice blog. i´m from Costa Rica (Central American) and found your blog by the links begining on "Hilos y lanas", I have similar hobbies like yours. The best way to keep far the depression.

Keep on working and enjoying your creations.

Ms Muffin said...

@Patricia A.R.

Thanks for the nice comment. And I have to agree - crafting really makes my mood more stable! :-)
I was wondering where you found the link to my site. Am really curious ... I did not find a link on hilosylanas.com ... but maybe that was not the site you referred to?

Attilio said...

that is a really cute bag. my 14month is starting to get into my handbags so good idea to make her one. where did you get that pattern pls?
btw i know how you feel with not enough time to do anything. i have a 4yr old and 14mnth, so my crafting time is teeny tiny too! ;((
bpbajona(at)maltanet(dot)net

Ms Muffin said...

Thanks Attilio, for the sweet comment! I would love to give you the handbag pattern - but I did not use one! I just crocheted ahead ... I think I started with a chain and then crocheted around that chain from both sides to make something like an oval. I did not increase alot that way if you add more rows it won't be flat but rather like a bag. To get the shape I increased a bit further up ... and added handles along the way. (I simply chained a few stitches instead of making single crochets.) I just kinda made it up as I went along ... sorry. Hope that is a bit of help. But if you don't want to try making it without a pattern I am quite sure there are many free patterns on the internet. You could try www.ravelry.com or just google for free crochet bag patterns ...

Thendral said...

You have a nice blog here! And this tiny bag is very... cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails