Thursday, December 11, 2008

Help ... too many projects ...

Today I did so many different things that at some point I got really confused ...

Well, I wanted to continue working on the little dress I am making for my daughter. But I had some troubles figuring out the pattern and what to do next ... So I took a break and made a button! Yes, I MADE a button. Well, to be correct, I did not REALLY MAKE one. Somewhere on the net I saw this neat idea to make buttons out of modelling clay. And I was searching the net for ideas ... when I found another page, where someone painted old buttons with nailpolish!

Since I don't have any modelling clay yet, but I do own a large box of old and rather boring buttons (from my grandmom) and some bottles of rather colourful nail polish that I probably will never wear again ;-) the project was just perfect! So I started right away! I will post a picture when it is finished.

I also made a key chain for my best friend out of felt. After all the felt sewing for the advent calendar I still had so much felt left ... and I needed just some little tiny thing to complete the present I bought! I think it turned out really nice.

I am not entirely happy with the way I fixed the little round things to the key chain. I simply used some green wool. Maybe some kind of ribbon would have been better ... but I simply didn't have one in a matching colour ... Well, that's the drawback with last-minute-projects: you have to work with what you've got! :-)

And the biggest project: I am making a play kitchen for my daughter for christmas out of an old bedside cupboard. I started painting the cupboard today and realized that it will take a while until this one is finished .... hope I will get done before christmas!

Well, I did plan on making some more cookies and glaze the ones I made ... But postponed that until later ...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails