Monday, February 28, 2011

Crocheted Recycled Rug


Don't you love it when you tidy up and you find a project that is almost finished but not quite ...
But it needs just a bit more work - and you are done!
You get this awesome feeling that you have finished something even though you have only been working on it for a little bit. 

I LOVE that.



Happened to me with this rug. I started it a long while ago and it was supposed to become a BIG rug. *cough* 
Well, a girl can dream right?!
After a bit I gave up changed my mind.

"Really? Why?"

I decided it will become a small rug. :-)
And what does it get used for?


Perfect for tiny feet ...


;-)

Tiny feet in the bathroom!

Oh, almost forgot. It is made out of cut up shirts! Just cut them into strips, join the strips ... and you have yourself some nice "yarn" that you can crochet into some nice rug with a huge crochet hook!

It is FUN!


"Hey Mommy, could you stop taking photos and play with me?"

Sorry, gotta go ...

Edited:
I completely forgot ... I have made a similar rug before. The one I have made before is circular and bigger. You can see it HERE.

7 comments:

Barb said...

What cute cute feet....love the rug and it looks like the little one does too.

Wendy said...

What a fab idea! Can I have some more information? How many t-shirts did it take? How wide were the strips? How did you join them? What size hook did you use?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [01 Mar 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Sue said...

It is perfect for little feet:) Your little man has such blue, blue eyes!

Barbara said...

I love this little rug, especially under those adorable little chubby feet! So sweet.

Papgena Made It said...

what a cute model!! (oh and the rug is pretty too!) ;)
there is a uge fashion, here in Portugal, of using this thechnic: ther are bags, rugs, necklace, etc!

Care said...

Haven't "seen" you in blogland for a while! Hope you and yours are well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails