Sunday, November 7, 2010

Magpie and owl buttons


So here are finally the magpie buttons I made. I was playing around for quite a bit until I got them this way  ... and I kinda like how they turned out. I like the one with the feet better I think. However, I have to add these are German - or European? - magpies. Unfortunately Australian magpies look differently AND they would be much harder to make as they do not have a white body but white bits kinda everywhere ...
So I have to admit I did not try to make these ... :-(

But I also made an owl. 
I love that one! When I finally had it finished I had to laugh out loud - it just looked so cute suddenly. My daughter probably thought that I have really lost it now ...
Unfortunately the photo looks a bit strange. I think it looks better in reality. Somehow it is really hard to photograph dark buttons ... (that goes for the owl and the magpies).

So Little Cooties - who won the Fall Quilters Bloggers  Giveaway - can choose which one she would rather want and I will make them especially for her.

If you guys have any suggestions for improvements of the buttons please let me know!


Also I have not heard from the second winner - DOT - yet. I have already send two emails ... no reply. So if I do not hear from her I guess I will have to draw another second winner ...

10 comments:

Charlene S said...

That owl is absolutely darling.

Care said...

adorable!

Wendy said...

Adorable birds!! Very cute. I really like your blog header too. You've changed it recently, haven't you? :o)

Little Cooties said...

Ohh, they are both totally gorgeous! and to choose is so hard. I love them both, so I decided to let my kids choose their favourite. My boy chose the owl and my girl chose the magpie. so as you can see we are a divided family! However, the more I look at it, the more I love the owl, he/she really is very cute! I just hope I can do justice to them by making the perfect item to put them on. Thank you!

Hands Sew Full said...

I think they are all cute! I have never seen a magpie so you could have created anything and I would have thought it was great! I love owls, we have them in our yard sometimes.

Anonymous said...

You are very talented! I love all your buttons!

Lee said...

Both are equally cute! great work!

Ms Muffin said...

@ Little Cooties:
Sorry that I did not mention that before ... I will be making a set of 6 buttons. So if you want to you could of course have for example 3 magpies and 3 owls ... or 5 owls and 1 magpie ... or whatever!
I am sorry, that I completely forgot to say that. That happens when you post late at night - brain shuts off without you noticing ... and you think that would teach me ... ;-)

Papgena Made It said...

oh they turn out great! so lovely! But I agree with you, I like the one with the feet better!

Sue said...

They look great, but I especially like the owl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails