Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Wish List

On familyfun.com there is this wishlist you can print. It says 2008 on top ... but oh well. I just liked the idea to ask my daughter what she wishes for 2009. So I did ... well, it was rather hard to explain the concept to a 3year old! The only straight forward answer was the one she gave to the question what she wants to learn in 2009: READ! :-) The other questions:

Places you want to go?
-somewhere where I can sing, church - I had to laugh so hard
-vacation at the beach

Weird food you want to try?
-she did say tomato - but only after prompting her, think that is just wishful thinking of mom :-)

Books you want to read?
At first she kept pointing out books she owns. It took me ages to explain to her that she is supposed to give a new book or a topic that she would like to read about. After that she answered:
-a book about her new doll, that she got for christmas - Great! Now I will have to make up a book about her doll! So another project set for 2009!

We skipped the questions about the movies and also about the silly songs to make up. My daughter seemed quite exhausted after all that thinking and answering ... well, and I was exhausted after all that explaining! :-)
But I am going to do this every year. Think it will be nice to look back in a few years ...

2 comments:

Tricia Rennea (sometimes Daisy) said...

Oh, that is a sweet story. I would be exhausted, too. I am not sure I could think up something new I have never done before for each category! Wouldn't it have been funny if she said "War and Peace" for books she wanted to read...ha ha ha ha.

Ms Muffin said...

Oh, that would have totally freaked me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails